Norfolk Broads Photography Windmill and pumps day. 8th August 2020
Saturday 8th August 2020
A full day of photography... 8 hours... 9 am until 5 pm.
Includes a short stop for lunch at one of the broads amazing pubs.
Where will the workshop start?
The photography workshop will start at one of the windpumps on the stunning Norfolk Broads and we will visit several other varying locations throughout the rest of the day.
Due to having to accommodate the forever changing UK weather I like to remain flexible on the start locations, this allows me to plan for a better day to take into account the wind direction and cloud cover throughout the session.
How do I teach and what is the Norfolk Broads Photography Windmill and pumps day.
This small group session will focus on the landscapes and compositions around the variety of Windpumps in the well-known areas of the Norfolk broads national park, we will cover filter techniques mixed in with the skills, thoughts and techniques for making your images really stand out.
You will cover things such as:
- Setting focus.
- What makes certain compositions work.
- Working with light.
- Depth of field control.
- Exposure calculating.
- Focus stacking
- Shooting panoramics
- Making the right lens choice.
- Correct use of all the equipment.
Halfway through the day's session, we will stop for a pub lunch (not covered in the cost) before moving on to the next location.
- DSLR Camera
- Spare Batteries and memory cards
- Wide-angle lens
- Cable or radio release for the shutter
- A sturdy tripod, I can lend you one if required
- Lens cleaning kit
- Camera bag
- Warm and cool clothes
- Food and drink
- Sturdy footwear
- Change for car parking
What experience do I have as a tutor
- All-day while shooting we will be discussing the theory behind making work, what stands out and what sells, what makes a good image and how can we get that image we see into our cameras. This comes off the back of my many years of landscape and commercial photography experience and time spent studying photography as an art form.
- I have spent over 6 years teaching and writing workshops for all levels and ages of photographers for the countries biggest photographic retailers.
- As one of the ambassadors for Formatt-Hitech filters, a UK based, yet one of the worlds largest photography landscape filter companies, they fully support me in my work as I meet their high standards of excellence through my sessions. They supply me with filter kits for each attendee on the session to use.
- 5 years studying landscape and architecture photography to Masters degree level with some of the best mentors and tutors the country has.
- I have also picked up a few awards along the way and I have exhibited and been published worldwide, just check out my Shows and Awards page.
Please bring along snacks and drinks as due to the locations we will be shooting having limited facilities. There will not be the guarantee of a shop being nearby at all times.
We will stop for a hot drink and a bite to eat at some point throughout the day, this is not covered in the workshop cost.
I will be able to lend you a full setup of Landscape filters to cover every shooting scenario. This will allow you to experiment with different effects under expert guidance. But if you are interested in landscape photography we would encourage you to invest in a setup. I can advise you in what kit to get as it can be a little daunting looking at what you may or may not need. I have a discount code for buying filters. You can get an automatic 10% of all filters on the Formatt-Hitech Filters site by using the code DIBSM10 at the checkout.
I will email you all the specific details about locations a few days before the workshop starts, but if you have any questions before booking then please do get in contact
What is not included:
Change for car parking
Travel to and from the start location and travel in-between.
Food and Drink.
Camera or personal accident Insurance.
Booking is confirmed once full payment has been received via the checkout system.
You will receive an email 2 days before the start date of the workshop, this is to confirm the starting location because we need to plan and amend finer details so we can factor in the weather conditions and tides.
Up to 4 weeks prior to the event and you will receive a full refund.
I reserve the right to cancel the workshop due to adverse weather or low uptake.
A full refund or booking onto the amended date will be offered in this case.
Please also note
The locations we will visit on the Norfolk Broads Photography Windmill and pumps day, unfortunately, may require the purchase of a car park ticket. Please make sure you have adequate change.
Please bring along food and drink, sensible footwear for walking on unpaved pathways and suitable clothing.
The session will require a relatively good fitness level as we will be walking on unmade paths and coastal areas, you will need to be able to walk 20-30 mins carrying your camera equipment.
Camera and personal accident insurance are not included in the price.
Don't forget to charge your batteries and make sure that you have sufficient space on your memory cards for a day’s shooting.
I have the means to charge a spare battery for you on the day. So bring along your camera battery charger and let me know if you need to plug it in.
I look forward to meeting you on the day of the Norfolk Broads Photography Windmill and pumps day.